Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Pooper Tuesday

I haven't registered to vote yet. I swear to God if I see another Hillary Clinton commercial, I'm going to walk/run/drive/ski to the post office/DMV/internet to register. Honestly, she says "I'm Hillary Clinton and I support this message because the odds have never been greater." If you support the message it's so your damn face can be broadcast into my unhappy eyes by reverberating strings and electronic signals. How happy I'd be without technology!

If I had registered, I would have no doubt voted for Obama today. He's the only candidate I like, so how he does in the primaries will probably determine how long my registration goes unregistered. I'm very much against this idea of Super Tuesday. It's like voting at Wal-Mart. No thanks.

Today I had a revelation. More precisely it was a temporarily unstable nerve synapse somewhere mid spinal cord (my guess) that made me think about the grand scheme of things. I was sitting in Calculus, thinking about how I aced my quiz when I realized that I'm a failure. I haven't played/written music in over a year, I haven't co-mingled with articulate friends for a while, and I haven't slept a full night in a long time. My grades have never been better. But, and this is what my unstable nerve synapse told me, numbers are deceiving. I'm sure I'll get that Calc quiz back and I'll get a 96-100, my report card will hang on the fridge, gloating a 4.11, but at what cost? Does it matter anymore? It's been a hard year. My major problem is that, if I'm already home, why can't I go home?

Each day I get more and more disgruntled.

1 comment:

Joe said...

hot damn, 4.11. yeah, i'm not looking to hillary's PA campaign... but voting at a wal-mart...that was brilliant.