Saturday, January 5, 2008

Godspeed / Snailpace

As I walked away, I couldn't help but feel so damn pretentious. Walking to my car, I felt a huge hole in what is conventional to call my heart. It probably had something to do with the fact that school is coming, but I think it was more than that. It was like, I may be trying to run away from my true happiness. The elegance is unprecedented.

11:15. I am exhausted. This is my usual time for departing Coleen's house. For the first time in about 6 months, I want to turn back. I want to stay there. I want to freeze. It doesn't help that she follows me to my car, with her socks plopping on the soggy ground. I look into her face. This is my happiness. Why do I continue trying to run?

Coleen is a freshmen at the University of Delaware. I am a senior in high school (pimpin, I know.) Anyway, there is a big confusion about my future for college. I'm torn between UD and Villanova, an hour away. Two schools that have what I want academically. Yet I feel like I'm still running. Why would I give up precious time with the girl I love in my home town for a yuppie school with a Catholic opposite-sex curfew time of 1:00 a.m.? If both schools have excellent chemical engineering programs, why do I continue to be so torn? It seems a no brainer. Yet it seems I'm procuring my own misery.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that everyone should follow their hearts. Life is what you make of it. Money, distance, and a dry paper smell are fleeting, but love will last forever. Remember that.

This could mean everything, yet it probably has meant nothing.

1 comment:

Joe said...

i liked this and that's all i can really say.